|Published:||Jul 16, 2013 4:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2013 4:19 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- Punta Gorda Police arrested 64-year-old George K. Coulter today on multiple prescription drug charges after finding a deceased female victim at his home on Thursday, who had taken the drugs prior to her death.
Police responded to his home, on 1335 #B Mineo Drive, on Thursday in reference to an unresponsive female. The female was subsequently pronounced dead on the scene by emergency responders. Detectives interviewed George K. Coulter regarding this investigation. During the investigation it was learned the adult female was escorted by Coulter to his residence after an evening of drinking at a Port Charlotte bar. Coulter advised officers that he provided the deceased with several Alprazolam pills which belonged to him. Coulter said he watched the victim consume numerous other pills belonging to him prior to falling asleep.
Upon learning this information, detectives executed a search warrant and seized several illegal controlled substances and prescription medications. All of the seized controlled substances were marked and packaged as being manufactured in Colombia, South America. Additionally, none of the controlled substances or prescription medications was issued from a licensed prescriber in Colombia or the United States. This makes them illegal to possess or transport into the United States without a valid prescription.
Today, Punta Gorda Police Detectives arrested Coulter for Delivery of a Contraband Prescription, Possession and Possession with Intent to Deliver Alprazolam and Hydrocodone, Possession of Tylenol Codeine, and an additional five counts for possession of prescription medications without a valid prescription. He was held in lieu of a $25,000.00 bond.
Although no foul play was identified during the autopsy of the deceased, detectives are awaiting the results of the toxicology reports and the investigation continues.
- Man fatally shot in strip club parking lot
- Teen allegedly behind 'smack cam' video appears in court
- Man with SWFL ties makes FBI Most Wanted list
- Crash at controversial intersection with new traffic light
- 1 Florida Lotto player wins $46 million jackpot
- United Airlines begins non-stop service from RSW to Denver
- Investigators say mom is to blame for son's drowning death
- Supreme Court OKs new lethal injection procedure
- 3 Jupiter boys injured in gas explosion
- Short in extension cord catches Christmas tree on fire