|Published:||Jul 16, 2013 3:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2013 4:20 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Detectives with the Lee County Sheriff's Office are asking for the public's assistance identifying the suspect in a recent robbery by sudden snatching.
On July 11 at approximately 12:30 p.m., the victim was at the Publix located at 16970 San Carlos Boulevard. While the victim was walking up to the business, the suspect approached her and tried to start a conversation with her. At that time, the victim began to walk away from the suspect. The suspect then quickly approached the victim and pulled her purse away from her. The suspect then ran around the side of the building and got into a vehicle and sped off.
The suspect is described as a black male with long dreads, medium build, wearing a white t-shirt and shorts.
Attached are surveillance pictures of the suspect, along with a picture of the getaway vehicle, described as a maroon-colored four-door pickup truck.
Anyone with information on this crime is asked to call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). All callers will remain anonymous and will be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org, through the TipSubmit app on any iPhone or by texting a tip to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone