|Published:||Jul 16, 2013 10:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2013 11:23 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The remains of a 2-to 3-year-old uncollared male panther were collected Monday Alligator Alley, near the 96.5 mile marker.
The panther had been hit by a vehicle. This is the 13th panther mortality and the 10th road mortality for 2013.
The carcass is at the FWC Naples Field Office and will be sent to the FWC Gainesville lab for necropsy. The remains will be archived at the FL Museum of Natural History.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed