|Published:||Jul 16, 2013 10:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2013 11:23 AM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The remains of a 2-to 3-year-old uncollared male panther were collected Monday Alligator Alley, near the 96.5 mile marker.
The panther had been hit by a vehicle. This is the 13th panther mortality and the 10th road mortality for 2013.
The carcass is at the FWC Naples Field Office and will be sent to the FWC Gainesville lab for necropsy. The remains will be archived at the FL Museum of Natural History.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean