|Published:||Jul 16, 2013 5:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2013 5:42 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- WINK News was at the airport today when a Hendry County mom got a life-saving gift for her two boys.
Her sons, ages 3 and 6, suffer from type 1 diabetes, but now they can sleep easier at night, thanks to Ace. The 7-month-old yellow lab is trained to sense when the children's blood sugar is too high or too low.
The boys' mother says the dog is a gift from above.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect