|Published:||Jul 15, 2013 4:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 15, 2013 4:23 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is seeking assistance in identifying a man who used a victim's credit card information at a local gas station in May.
In late May, a Port Charlotte woman reported that she had found three charges on one of her credit cards that she had not made. Two of the charges had taken place at the Hess Station and at the Wal-Mart on Thursday, May 2. Both the woman and her husband still had possession of their credit cards. The charges amounted to more than $600. The third charge occurred in Sarasota County.
During the investigation, deputies were able to get photos from the Hess Station showing a man in a light colored shirt using a credit card that had the victim’s credit card information encoded on it. The case has since been turned over to the Economic Crimes Unit for investigation.
Anyone with information concerning the identity of the man in this case is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office at (941) 639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday