|Published:||Jul 12, 2013 12:13 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 12, 2013 3:32 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- Seven people were injured after a multiple-vehicle crash on CR 846 at W. Juliet Blvd. yesterday afternoon. Florida Highway Patrol said five vehicles were involved in the crash just after 4:00 p.m.
FHP said it all began when the driver of a Toyota Prius, 39-year-old Jill Strickler, hit the car in front of her, which hit the car in front of him, and so forth.
Strickler sustained serious injuries and was taken to NCH for treatment. FHP said 50-year-old Barry Moulton also suffered serious injuries and was taken to Lee Memorial, while 62-year-old John Lawver was transported to NCH North with serious injuries.
In total, all drivers and passengers sustained injuries, though most were minor. All parties were wearing their seat belts.
Strickler was cited for careless driving.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme