|Published:||Jul 11, 2013 12:22 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 11, 2013 12:22 PM EDT|
MADERIA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Deputies say a 41-year-old man crashed his SUV into a telephone pole and left a 7-year-old passenger alone in the median before crashing into two more cars stopped at a red light.
Pinellas County Sheriff's deputies say the first crash happened around 10 p.m. Wednesday. A witness saw an air bag hit the little girl and approached the vehicle to help, but the man drove away.
A short time later, he stopped the car and left the child left alone in the median. Another witness called 911. The vehicle then hit two vehicles stopped at a traffic light, injuring both drivers.
The man tried kicking out the cruiser window after his arrest. He faces multiple charges, including DUI, driving with a suspended or revoked license and child abuse.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in suspicious North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft