|Published:||Jul 11, 2013 4:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 11, 2013 5:56 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- A bear was spotted on Vanderbilt beach around 3:30 this afternoon.
A biologist was called out to the beach to assess the situation, according to FWC.
The bear was seen in a protected grassy area in front of the Ritz Carlton on Vanderbilt Beach Road.
Some guests said they saw more than one bear.
After two hours of searching, FWC said the bear moved into a wooded area and their staff was not able to capture it, but they will keep monitoring the situation.
Trust WINK News to bring you information just as we get it.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members