|Published:||Jul 11, 2013 4:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 11, 2013 5:56 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- A bear was spotted on Vanderbilt beach around 3:30 this afternoon.
A biologist was called out to the beach to assess the situation, according to FWC.
The bear was seen in a protected grassy area in front of the Ritz Carlton on Vanderbilt Beach Road.
Some guests said they saw more than one bear.
After two hours of searching, FWC said the bear moved into a wooded area and their staff was not able to capture it, but they will keep monitoring the situation.
Trust WINK News to bring you information just as we get it.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire
- Nate Lee continues to fight for 911 call system improvements
- Healthpark Medical Center adding 9 extra beds for season
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down