|Published:||Jul 10, 2013 2:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 10, 2013 2:30 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- The Miami Dolphins are the newest member of the Naples Chamber of Commerce.
Team reps and cheerleaders were in town today, and brought along their super bowl trophy from the team's undefeated and championship-winning season back in 1972!
The team are hoping to make more of an economic and community-building impact on this side of the state.
"Collier County is a hop, skip, not even a jump away to Sun Life Stadium, so our goal is to take our flag post, put it in Southwest Florida and getting more Dolphins fans, and most importantly, we want to be active participants in the community," said Senior Account Executive Thomas Eugene.
The Dolphins have big plans for the area, like expanding their charity events and youth programs, as well as making it easier for Southwest Florida residents to go to Dolphin games.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash