|Published:||Jul 10, 2013 5:22 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 10, 2013 1:01 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Lee County deputies are searching for two armed men they say broke into a home in Pine Manor and beat a man. It happened near Cypress Drive and 6th Avenue, just before 2:00 a.m.
Deputies say the victim, Geraldo Evangelio, was inside his apartment, watching TV, when two men wearing masks, entered his home uninvited. Deputies say the men, armed with knives, forced Evangelio into his bedroom, and began rifling through his belongings. They took money from his wallet, and his cell phone. When he tried to fight back, they ran away.
A neighbor says Evangelio then came to her bedroom window and tried to wake her up.
"I said, 'What happened?' I pulled open my curtain and there was blood on his face. He said, 'Solange! Solange! Help! Help! Help!' And I called 911," said Solange Marius, Evangelio's neighor.
Evangelio was brought to Lee Memorial Hospital and has been released.
Anyone with information regarding this crime is asked to call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire