|Published:||Jul 10, 2013 11:03 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 10, 2013 12:59 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office has identified the deceased man found in a pond after a single-vehicle crash yesterday as 73-year-old Frank Bishop, of 4850 Higginbotham Road.
LCSO said Bishop's death was due to a medical event, but that the medical examiner will determine the official cause of death.
Yesterday just before 2:45 p.m., deputies were dispatched to Bishop's address, in reference to a vehicle in a pond at the residence.
Arriving deputies spotted a white Chevrolet SUV backed down the embankment of the pond. Also in the pond, just behind the vehicle, was what appeared to be an elderly male floating in the water. A deputy entered the water and checked the body for signs of life. It was evident that the man was deceased. Lee County EMS arrived at the scene and pronounced the victim dead.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake