|Published:||Jul 10, 2013 10:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 10, 2013 10:37 AM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Police say a woman is recovering after being shot in the leg during an attempted home invasion.
The shooting happened early Wednesday in Jacksonville.
Detective John Venosh told the Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/1886T9d ) the woman was in her bedroom when the man tried entering through a window about 1:45 a.m. Wednesday.
According to police, the woman was running from the room when the man fired four rounds. One struck her in the leg. The man fled before ever making it inside the home.
The woman was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday