|Published:||Jul 10, 2013 6:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 10, 2013 6:19 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Only WINK News confronted a woman accused of hitting, dragging, and killing a motorcyclist. Our cameras were rolling as Donna Brown left a brief hearing in Lee County Court Wednesday afternoon, flanked by deputies.
She was expressionless when she refused comment and climbed into the passenger seat of a white pickup truck. The truck had a sticker that said "Watch for bikers."
Brown is accused of hitting Ed Patrick's motorcycle while making a U-Turn in May.
Investigators say she dragged him for 3 miles along U.S. 41 in Estero.
Brown is charged with DUI manslaughter, hit-and-run with a death, property damage, and careless driving.
A Lee County deputy saw sparks coming from underneath her car and eventually pulled her over. Deputies smelled booze on Brown and noted her slurred speech at the time of the crash.
Brown has pleaded not guilty and is out on bond. She's scheduled to be back in court on September 18th.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean