|Published:||Jul 10, 2013 6:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 10, 2013 6:19 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Only WINK News confronted a woman accused of hitting, dragging, and killing a motorcyclist. Our cameras were rolling as Donna Brown left a brief hearing in Lee County Court Wednesday afternoon, flanked by deputies.
She was expressionless when she refused comment and climbed into the passenger seat of a white pickup truck. The truck had a sticker that said "Watch for bikers."
Brown is accused of hitting Ed Patrick's motorcycle while making a U-Turn in May.
Investigators say she dragged him for 3 miles along U.S. 41 in Estero.
Brown is charged with DUI manslaughter, hit-and-run with a death, property damage, and careless driving.
A Lee County deputy saw sparks coming from underneath her car and eventually pulled her over. Deputies smelled booze on Brown and noted her slurred speech at the time of the crash.
Brown has pleaded not guilty and is out on bond. She's scheduled to be back in court on September 18th.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- No charges in Jameis Winston sex assault case
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes