|Published:||Jul 10, 2013 11:44 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 10, 2013 11:44 AM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla.- Detectives from the Englewood area are attempting locate the owner of an ATV that was located in the Rotonda West Tuesday evening after the driver fled from deputies.
At about 2:00 p.m., a deputy patrolling the area of Annapolis Lane saw two people riding an orange ATV on the road. Neither the driver nor rider were wearing helmets. When the deputy tried to stop the ATV, the driver sped up and fled the area.
The ATV was eventually located by the Sheriff’s Office aviation unit in the area of Sweetwater Drive and Flower Road abandoned. It was taken into custody until the ownership can be determined.
The ATV is described as being orange with black trim and having Monster Energy decals on it. Anyone with information concerning who might own this ATV is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office at (941) 639-2101.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend