|Published:||Jul 09, 2013 3:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 09, 2013 5:58 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The youngest victim in this weekend's wrong-way crash involving a Naples firefighter has died.
Baby Penelope Adamski was delivered by emergency C-section after the crash that seriously injured her parents and sisters, and killed the driver that struck them head-on.
Corey Adamski has been working at Fire Station 1 for the City of Naples. His wife, Kristina Adamski, was eight months pregnant at the time of the accident. Hospital officials say she and Corey are in fair condition, but they're now faced with the loss of their newborn daughter.
The Adamski family was traveling home from a Fourth of July picnic, when officials say Robert Bridwell hit the family's SUV head-on on State Road 82. Bridwell was killed.
The family, Corey, Kristina, and their two daughters were transported to Lee Memorial Hospital. The young girls are said to be doing well.
The Lee County Sheriff's report says Bridwell was driving recklessly, but say there is no indication of any drugs or alcohol in his system.
Since the accident, Corey Adamski's firefighter brothers opened a fund for the family. So far, about $9,000 have been raised, and they're also planning a BBQ fundraiser Saturday from 11:00 to 1:30 p.m. at Sunshine Ace Hardware locations in Lee County and Collier County.
Stop by any Fifth Third bank location to donate to the Adamski Family Fund.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city