|Published:||Jul 09, 2013 3:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 09, 2013 5:58 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The youngest victim in this weekend's wrong-way crash involving a Naples firefighter has died.
Baby Penelope Adamski was delivered by emergency C-section after the crash that seriously injured her parents and sisters, and killed the driver that struck them head-on.
Corey Adamski has been working at Fire Station 1 for the City of Naples. His wife, Kristina Adamski, was eight months pregnant at the time of the accident. Hospital officials say she and Corey are in fair condition, but they're now faced with the loss of their newborn daughter.
The Adamski family was traveling home from a Fourth of July picnic, when officials say Robert Bridwell hit the family's SUV head-on on State Road 82. Bridwell was killed.
The family, Corey, Kristina, and their two daughters were transported to Lee Memorial Hospital. The young girls are said to be doing well.
The Lee County Sheriff's report says Bridwell was driving recklessly, but say there is no indication of any drugs or alcohol in his system.
Since the accident, Corey Adamski's firefighter brothers opened a fund for the family. So far, about $9,000 have been raised, and they're also planning a BBQ fundraiser Saturday from 11:00 to 1:30 p.m. at Sunshine Ace Hardware locations in Lee County and Collier County.
Stop by any Fifth Third bank location to donate to the Adamski Family Fund.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire
- It's almost time to 'spring forward'
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool