|Published:||Jul 09, 2013 5:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 09, 2013 5:59 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- The YMCA Center reported the theft of six kayaks and a silver canoe from their facility on Bayshore Road in Charlotte Harbor Monday.
The YMCA camp director reported that she had secured all of the YMCA’s kayaks and canoe with a padlock on Friday July 5. When she arrived at the camp on Monday, she found that four kayaks and the canoe were missing from near the dock area. The padlocks appeared to have been cut. There were drag marks where the kayaks and canoe appeared to have been dragged into the water.
When she checked the rest of the area, she found that two additional kayaks had been taken from a storage shed. The padlock had been cut from that building, too. The front gate locks of the facility did not appear to have been tampered with.
The total value of the missing kayaks and the canoe is $2144. The missing kayaks are similar to the ones in the attached photo.
Anyone with information concerning the missing kayaks and canoe is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office at (941) 639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend