|Published:||Jul 08, 2013 11:22 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 08, 2013 8:26 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The body of 23-year-old Jesse Ruth has been found near the New Pass Bridge in Bonita Springs.
The Bonita Springs Fire Department and the Lee County Sheriff's Office had been searching the area for Jesse since last night. Witnesses said he jumped off the bridge for fun with two friends.
The two friends surfaced and searched for Jesse before swimming to shore to call 911. Multiple units responded and began to search the waters.
According to the incident report, Jesse and three others "decided to drink copious amounts of alcohol and ingest cocaine" just before making the jump. The fourth individual did not jump.
The Sheriff's Office was flagged down by a jet ski rider, who reported seeing a body in the water. At around 10:00 a.m., the body was found halfway between Carl Johnson Park and Hyatt Coconut Point.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim