|Published:||Jul 08, 2013 11:49 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 08, 2013 11:49 AM EDT|
PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) - Two people died following a shooting at the Courtyard Marriott in Panama City. And a short time later, police say the suspect was killed in a shootout with law enforcement on Interstate 10.
Police say the initial shooting took place late Sunday outside the hotel.
The News Herald of Panama City (http://bit.ly/13wAFTt) reports a 44-year-old woman and a 57-year-old man were fatally shot multiple times outside the hotel late Sunday. The suspect fled the scene.
Authorities say he was quickly identified and police believe he targeted the victims.
The suspect died during a shootout with law enforcement after he was stopped on Interstate 10 in Leon County.
The names of the shooter and the victims have not been released.
An investigation continues.
Information from: The (Panama City, Fla.) News Herald, http://www.newsherald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776