|Published:||Jul 07, 2013 7:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 07, 2013 7:45 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fl. - Golfers in Collier County teed off for a cause Sunday. They honored local Marine, Rick 'Sarge' Lannan.
He died of liver cancer a few months ago. Friends say Lannan loved serving his country and was also an avid golfer.
He even had a custom made golf cart that resembled a military vehicle. They say, this was the perfect way to remember and honor someone who meant so much.
"He's our Marine, I mean he is everything that America stands for and he's just an awesome, awesome person and I miss him, we all miss him," says friend, Michelle Emens.
Proceeds from Sunday's tournament will help another local Marine with some medical bills. Organizers hope this is the first of many tournaments in lannan's name that will help military families.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend