|Published:||Jul 07, 2013 7:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 07, 2013 7:45 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fl. - Golfers in Collier County teed off for a cause Sunday. They honored local Marine, Rick 'Sarge' Lannan.
He died of liver cancer a few months ago. Friends say Lannan loved serving his country and was also an avid golfer.
He even had a custom made golf cart that resembled a military vehicle. They say, this was the perfect way to remember and honor someone who meant so much.
"He's our Marine, I mean he is everything that America stands for and he's just an awesome, awesome person and I miss him, we all miss him," says friend, Michelle Emens.
Proceeds from Sunday's tournament will help another local Marine with some medical bills. Organizers hope this is the first of many tournaments in lannan's name that will help military families.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate