|Published:||Jul 06, 2013 12:03 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 06, 2013 12:03 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, FL--It's the end of an era for one of Cape Coral's oldest restaurants.
Jimbos off Del Prado Boulevard is closing its doors after being open since 1978.
Now the new owners plan to turn Jimbos in to Monarca's Authentic Mexican Cuisine Bar and Grill.
The new owners mission is to open a brand new type of restaurant and will create more jobs.
"We are excited because they are going to bring new energy, new vibrancy and they are also going to bring in a lot of new people to employ in the area," said Jimbos owner Carole Wasylyk.
"Cape Coral needs a family atmosphere where there is going to be great food, great fun you know," said new owner Erik Rivas.
Jimbos last day open will be next Sunday.
The new restaurant will still offer Jimbos famous Angus beef burgers.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble