|Published:||Jul 05, 2013 6:15 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 05, 2013 6:15 AM EDT|
SANFORD, Fla. (AP) - Two weeks and about three dozen witnesses later, prosecutors are about to rest their case in George Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial in central Florida.
The prosecution was expected to wrap up their questioning of witnesses Friday - although they still may call Trayvon Martin's parents to testify. The parents have said it's their 17-year-old son screaming for help on 911 calls recorded during a fight the unarmed teen had with Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, last year before Zimmerman fatally shot him.
Zimmerman's father has said it is his son. The screams are crucial pieces of evidence because they could determine who the aggressor was in the confrontation.
Zimmerman's attorneys will start their case after the prosecution rests.
Zimmerman is pleading not guilty, claiming self-defense.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013