|Published:||Jul 05, 2013 6:09 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 05, 2013 12:51 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Lee County Sheriff's deputies have identified the victim in last night's fatal crash as 37-year old-Robert Thomas Bridwell.
LCSO received the call about a two-vehicle crash just before 10:15 p.m. Tuesday. The incident occurred at SR 82 and Rod & Gun Club Road.
Upon arrival, a 2006 Chevrolet Trail Blazer and a 2010 Nissan Sedan were involved in a head-on collision. Bridwell, the driver of the Nissan, was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced deceased as a result of the crash.
Preliminary information reveals, Bridwell was travelling eastbound in the westbound lane on SR 82 and struck the Chevrolet driven by 26-year-old Corey James Adamski.
Friends tell us Adamski is a firefighter. His passengers included his wife, Kristina, and two small children. Friends also tell us Kristina was pregnant and delivered the baby after the crash.
Lee Memorial tells us the couple is in critical condition. There has been no word yet on the condition of the children.
It is unknown if alcohol was a factor in this crash. The investigation is ongoing.
- Builders Care gives Fort Myers man new home for Christmas
- Corkscrew Road back open after early morning crash
- Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, share views on Rep. Trey Radel
- New South American Exhibit Opening at Naples Zoo
- Woman charged with murder in 3-year-old's death
- Winning bid tops $100,000 for Zimmerman flag art
- Louisiana man dies after boat capsizes off Fla.