|Published:||Jul 05, 2013 10:29 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 05, 2013 12:57 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- A grow house that was busted last week at the corner of East 15th Street and Abbott Avenue went up in flames around 1:00 a.m. last night.
The home is a total loss. Lehigh Acres Fire Marshal Ken Bennett said they're trying to determine what started this blaze but right now, they are calling it suspicious.
Just last week, LCSO deputies busted a grow house operation and arrested two people. Deputies found 75 marijuana plants, a gun and ammunition and a few bags of marijuana.
The home was vacant and the power was turned off.
A neighbor called 911 last night, when she saw flames shooting through the roof. Once the fire was out, crews began their investigation, and were on scene until about 10:00 a.m.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County