|Published:||Jul 05, 2013 11:59 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 05, 2013 11:59 AM EDT|
NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. (AP) - The New Smyrna Beach Fourth of July fireworks display stopped shortly after it began when a thatched roof on a tiki hut caught fire.
Officials say the fire started about 9:30 p.m. Thursday. They believe fireworks hit the roof, causing the damage.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (http://bit.ly/13pfJOa ) reports the fire was on the North Causeway, where the New Smyrna Harbor Marina is under construction.
No one was injured in the fire.
Information from: Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, http://www.news-journalonline.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders