|Published:||Jul 04, 2013 6:48 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 04, 2013 6:48 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - State troopers say an Orlando toddler has died after being run over by a pickup truck driven by his father.
According to a Florida Highway Patrol report, Jose Manuel Cruz was driving out of a driveway Thursday afternoon when he realized he had forgotten something and put the truck in reverse so he could return to the house.
Cruz's 2-year-old son Prince was being watched by a 16-year-old baby-sitter. Troopers say that somehow the toddler got outside and walked behind the reversing truck without Cruz seeing him.
The child was pronounced dead at the scene. Troopers say the crash remains under investigation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges