|Published:||Jul 04, 2013 11:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 04, 2013 11:59 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- A Southwest Florida ice cream shop is getting national recognition.
TripAdvisor named Handel's Homemade Ice Cream in Bonita Springs one of the top ten shops in the U.S.
Owners tell us this shop has been open for less than two year.
"We hope to branch out a little bit, do more off-site activities, at schools and baseball teams, and hopefully open a few more stores in SWFL," said Krystle and Lee Common.
If you want to know what makes Handel's unique, everything is made from scratch even the waffle cones.
There are more than 30 locations across the U.S. But this is the only one in Florida right now.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU