|Published:||Jul 04, 2013 4:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 04, 2013 6:28 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A 13-year-old sprung into action when a thief tried to break into the garage of his home.
Lee Fleming says he noticed the crook through a window around 11:00 a.m. Thursday.
The teenager claims he then rushed outside to chase him away and down Hibiscus Lane.
"I looked out the window and he kind of crouched down so I went out to see and when I went to chase him, he hopped the fence on me," said Fleming.
Family members claim the burglar made off with a bicycle.
Deputies took over the scene shortly after.
"Its my family so I had to take care of it and be a man of the house," said Fleming.
So far no arrests have been made.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore
- Motorcycle crash blocks Nelson Rd. at Tropicana Pkwy.