|Published:||Jul 04, 2013 11:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 04, 2013 4:52 PM EDT|
SANIBEL ISLAND, Fla.,- Islanders are celebrating this all American day island style. The parade route was lined with American flags and of course, America's favorite colors, red, white and blue.
This year, the Sanibel parade took a different twist.
The chief of police made a surprising announcement saying, he has banned all sorts of water guns from the parade route.
That means no squirt guns, no super soakers and no water hoses.
He said it's a decision he made so everyone stays safe this Fourth of July.
The end to that 22 year tradition hasn't stopped people from coming out and celebrating our country's freedom.
The Sanibel fireworks begin at 8:45 p.m.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape