|Published:||Jul 04, 2013 1:23 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 04, 2013 1:23 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida was ranked No. 1 of 141 Florida charities and took 11th place nationwide in Charity Navigator’s recent study of 3,326 U.S. nonprofits.
Charity Navigator, itself a nonprofit, evaluates charities’ financial health, accountability and transparency.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop