|Published:||Jul 03, 2013 9:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 03, 2013 9:34 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Vandals, again, have attacked one of the greens at San Carlos Golf Course - pouring pesticide all around the hole.
Crews believe sometime between June 30 and July 2 someone damaged the turf on the 4th green.
An employee told deputies an unknown substance, possibly herbicide or pesticide, was sprayed or poured on the grass, causing it to die.
The same course was vandalized by a homeowner in 2010. Neighbors say the course has been a target for the past several years.
Depties have not identified a suspect in the latest case.
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record