|Published:||Jul 03, 2013 5:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 03, 2013 5:21 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A reportedly intoxicated Tampa pedestrian was injured when a Hillsborough County deputy hit him with a patrol car.
The sheriff's office reports that the deputy had just left the county jail early Wednesday morning when 22-year-old Shawn Michael Thompson-Ferrero attempted to illegally cross the street. According to a report, the deputy tried to swerve but hit Thompson-Ferrero.
The man was taken to a Tampa hospital with injuries that weren't considered life-threatening. The deputy was not injured.
Authorities didn't say how fast the deputy was traveling. It wasn't immediately clear whether the deputy would face any disciplinary action.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia