|Published:||Jul 03, 2013 5:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 03, 2013 5:21 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A reportedly intoxicated Tampa pedestrian was injured when a Hillsborough County deputy hit him with a patrol car.
The sheriff's office reports that the deputy had just left the county jail early Wednesday morning when 22-year-old Shawn Michael Thompson-Ferrero attempted to illegally cross the street. According to a report, the deputy tried to swerve but hit Thompson-Ferrero.
The man was taken to a Tampa hospital with injuries that weren't considered life-threatening. The deputy was not injured.
Authorities didn't say how fast the deputy was traveling. It wasn't immediately clear whether the deputy would face any disciplinary action.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope