|Published:||Jul 03, 2013 10:24 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 03, 2013 10:24 AM EDT|
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - Two teens are dead following a traffic crash in New Port Richey.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the crash happened Tuesday afternoon when 17-year-old Courtney Lynn Little lost control of her car and spun into the northbound lane of Moon Lake Road. A pickup truck driven by 53-year-old James William Butz hit the car on the passenger side.
Little and her passenger, 16-year-old Kimberlee Kathy Markou died at the scene. Butz and his passenger, 49-year-old Judith Ann Stein, were taken to a hospital for treatment.
Troopers say they don't know why Little lost control of the vehicle.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve