|Published:||Jul 02, 2013 11:09 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 02, 2013 11:09 AM EDT|
BARTOW, Fla. (AP) - A 22-year-old man will spend the rest of his life in jail for the 2011 death of his girlfriend's 4-year-old Lakeland boy.
The Ledger of Lakeland (http://bit.ly/1cLR5pt ) reports Marton Pal accepted a plea deal with prosecutors Monday. His trial was scheduled for next week.
Pal told the boy's family on Monday that he can't look them in the eye like a man because he's "lost all self-respect for himself.
An autopsy found the boy died from blunt force abdominal trauma. Pal told police the boy was injured at a park. Later he said he made up the story.
The Ledger reports he told police he was frustrated that the boy's mother didn't discipline him So, Pal told police he injured the boy to make up for lack of discipline.
Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.), http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story