|Published:||Jul 02, 2013 1:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 02, 2013 1:18 PM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla.- An outage occurred at 12:24 a.m. on Sanibel, but power was restored before 1:30 a.m.
LCEC said all customers on Sanibel and Captiva islands were impacted, and the outage is under investigation. Equipment will be inspected to ensure no significant damage occurred.
According to LCEC, Preliminary findings indicate wildlife made contact with the equipment in the substation.
For more information on the recent power outage, please contact LCEC directly at (239) 656-2300.
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care