|Published:||Jul 02, 2013 11:08 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 02, 2013 11:08 AM EDT|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - A man is in jail after authorities say he crashed head-on into a parked Manatee County Sheriff's cruiser with a deputy inside.
The deputy had responded to a call Monday night when 43-year-old Israel Lara-Contreras crossed the center line and hit the deputy's car.
The Bradenton Herald (http://bit.ly/13oa3mp ) reports the deputy wasn't injured, but the car sustained about $3,000 in damages.
Lara-Contreras is charged with driving while intoxicated. He remained in the Manatee County Jail on Tuesday. No attorney was listed on jail records.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Bradenton (Fla.) Herald , http://www.bradenton.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico