|Published:||Jul 01, 2013 10:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 01, 2013 10:37 AM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla.- Sanibel Police have issued a traffic alert for Thursday for the Annual Independence Day parade.
Due to the parade, the following roads will be closed beginning at 9:15 a.m. until approximately 11:00 a.m. on July 4th:
-Tarpon Bay Road between West Gulf Drive and Periwinkle Way
-Periwinkle Way between Casa Ybel Road and Tarpon Bay Road
-Portions of Dunlop Road and Palm Ridge Road
The roads will reopen immediately following the parade. Police Chief Tomlinson reminds Sanibel motorists to be especially alert for parade floats, parade attendees, pedestrians and cyclists in the area of the parade, and to expect delays.
No water guns will be permitted along the parade route.
Motorists are strongly urged to plan travel around these times or along an alternate route, accordingly.
If you have any questions regarding the road closings, please contact the Sanibel Police Department at (239) 472-3111.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop