|Published:||Jul 01, 2013 12:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 01, 2013 12:16 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. – All GARBAGE, RECYCLING, and YARD WASTE COLLECTIONS in unincorporated Lee County, the City of Bonita Springs and Town of Fort Myers Beach are performed ONE DAY AFTER THE REGULARLY SCHEDULED COLLECTION DAY BEGINNING JULY 4.
This means that if your regular collection day is Thursday, July 4, the collection for that week is performed on Friday. Likewise, if your regular collection is on Friday, then it will be collected Saturday. Normally scheduled collections resume on Monday, July 8.
Lee County Solid Waste Division facilities and offices are closed on Thursday, July 4th, in observance of the holiday. This includes the operation at the Household Chemical Waste Collection Facility on Topaz Court and the Resource Recovery Facility on Buckingham Road. Regular hours of operation at these facilities resume on Friday, July 5. The Household Chemical Waste Drop Off Facility is open for business on Saturday, July 6, from 8 AM to Noon.
Lee County strongly urges residents to recycle all plastic, paper, metal and glass and asks the public not to litter highways, beaches and waterways.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday