|Published:||Jul 01, 2013 1:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 01, 2013 1:16 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Hillsborough County Sheriff's deputies have made an arrest in the fatal shooting of man driving on Interstate 4.
Officials say more details will be released during a 3:30 p.m. news conference Monday.
Fred William Turner Jr. of Orlando was shot while on the phone with 911 dispatchers on Saturday.
Turner reported that someone was following him while driving down the busy roadway after he left a store in the Tampa area. Turner said he didn't know why the car was following him and stayed on the phone with 911 operators until dispatchers reported hearing multiple gunshots.
Turner died at the scene.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in suspicious North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft