|Published:||Jul 01, 2013 1:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 01, 2013 1:17 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Fifteen United States Postal Service employees in Tampa have been taken to a hospital after a package leaking a chemical substance was discovered.
Tampa Fire Rescue officials say the package was discovered Monday morning at the Ybor City Post Office.
It's unclear what kind of chemical leaked from the package. A hazardous materials team is investigating.
Officials say there was one person who touched the package then complained of mild irritation. Fourteen other postal workers also said they experienced some minor symptoms and everyone was taken to Tampa General Hospital.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing