|Published:||Jun 30, 2013 7:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 30, 2013 7:30 PM EDT|
KEY WEST, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are waiting for autopsy results to determine the cause of death of a man who died while snorkeling in the Florida Keys.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says 64-year-old Eugene Porter of West Palm Beach died while snorkeling offshore of Key West on Saturday. He was on a commercial vessel operated by Fury Water Adventures. Details of what happened are not yet available.
Porter was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students