|Published:||Jun 30, 2013 8:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 30, 2013 8:43 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - On Sunday, the Fort Myers Police Department received a call from Lee Memorial Hospital in reference to the arrival of a man suffering from a gunshot wound.
At 3:44 p.m. police received a second call in reference to a shooting in the 2900 block of Lafayette Street. Police learned that 21-year-old Leonard Hamilton had been shot and then driven to the hospital by a relative.
Detectives canvassed the scene to locate witnesses and determine the circumstances surrounding the shooting. No further information available. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies