|Published:||Jun 30, 2013 8:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 30, 2013 8:43 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - On Sunday, the Fort Myers Police Department received a call from Lee Memorial Hospital in reference to the arrival of a man suffering from a gunshot wound.
At 3:44 p.m. police received a second call in reference to a shooting in the 2900 block of Lafayette Street. Police learned that 21-year-old Leonard Hamilton had been shot and then driven to the hospital by a relative.
Detectives canvassed the scene to locate witnesses and determine the circumstances surrounding the shooting. No further information available. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers