|Published:||Jun 30, 2013 4:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 30, 2013 7:38 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A California-based energy drink company promises to bring something "cool" to Southwest Florida. West Coast Chill claims to have the world's first self-chilling can.
The company recently opened its Florida headquarters in Cape Coral, hiring ten people for sales and promotions, according to Chief Operating Officer Mitchell Joseph. Joseph is a fifth generation in the beverage bottling business.
"My great grandfather actually bottled Dad's Rootbear and Squirt back in the fifties then my father got into the industry. We have been doing this for many many years," he said.
The company's micro-cool technology has been in research and development for 19 years. The self-chill can is on shelves now in California, and is set to hit local stores in the next few months.
West Coast Chill's standard can is already in 90 locations throughout Southwest Florida, including restaurants, fitness centers, and convenience stores.
Joseph plans to hire 40 additional employees in the next year.
To learn more about the company, click here.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday