|Published:||Jun 30, 2013 4:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 30, 2013 7:38 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A California-based energy drink company promises to bring something "cool" to Southwest Florida. West Coast Chill claims to have the world's first self-chilling can.
The company recently opened its Florida headquarters in Cape Coral, hiring ten people for sales and promotions, according to Chief Operating Officer Mitchell Joseph. Joseph is a fifth generation in the beverage bottling business.
"My great grandfather actually bottled Dad's Rootbear and Squirt back in the fifties then my father got into the industry. We have been doing this for many many years," he said.
The company's micro-cool technology has been in research and development for 19 years. The self-chill can is on shelves now in California, and is set to hit local stores in the next few months.
West Coast Chill's standard can is already in 90 locations throughout Southwest Florida, including restaurants, fitness centers, and convenience stores.
Joseph plans to hire 40 additional employees in the next year.
To learn more about the company, click here.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- Man accused of hitting bicyclist & fleeing scene faces judge