|Published:||Jun 27, 2013 2:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 27, 2013 2:58 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The FGCU men’s basketball team’s defeat of Georgetown in March in the NCAA tournament Round of 64 was unveiled today as one of four choices for ESPN’s ESPYS award for “Best Upset” of 2013, according to our partners at the News-Press.
Fifteenth-seeded FGCU defeated No. 2 Georgetown 78-68 in Philadelphia’s Wells Fargo Center on March 22 in the school’s first ever NCAA tournament appearance and only its second season with Division-I postseason eligibility.
Click here to read the story in its entirety.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim