|Published:||Jun 27, 2013 4:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 27, 2013 4:58 PM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE ESTATES, Fla.- This construction worker didn't want his face shown on camera, but Arturo said he was working on the back of this house Wednesday afternoon.
"I yelled to them. I told them get off the scaffolds and get out of the rain," said Arturo.
On the scaffolding in the front of the house was 35-year-old Robery Wiley and another man.
"I was walking towards the front when this lightning hit something, real loud, okay, I approached to the front and these two guys were on the ground," he said.
Audrey Thomas, who lives next door, said the storm knocked out her power.
"And there was a big flash and then the thunder was horrendous, and then I said, something must've got hit," said Thomas.
Arturo said one man was able to get up, but Wiley was still on the ground.
"First I thought the guy was just knocked down but the other guy finally get up and get to this friend and flipped him over and face up. and he was like, get up Robert get up, tell me you're okay. The lightning hit one of these guys straight to the chest of the body, immediately he died," said Arturo.
Wiley had just started working on the site on Monday and he was already very well-liked.
"Yeah, he was a nice guy," said Arturo.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann