|Published:||Jun 26, 2013 4:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 26, 2013 5:02 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla - WINK News has learned that a 3rd grade teacher at Mike Davis Elementary School will not be returning to the classroom next year.
WINK News first told you about an investigation into three staff members at Mike Davis Elementary after reports that the teachers received an unfair advantage in the Collier Writes test.
Two staff members were cleared last month, but WINK News has learned the District will not renew 3rd grade teacher Brittney Marchetta's contract.
According to the final report Marchetta admitted to investigators that she looked at the Collier Writes test the morning of the exam. After seeing the test had as section about field trips, she admitted to brainstorming with students about places they had been that year.
The final report says Ms. Marchetta violated testing protocol, violated School Board Policy 3210 and violated The Code of Ethics and Principles of Professional Conduct for the Education Profession in Florida.
In summary, the report states that Ms. Marchetta's contract will not be renewed for the 2013-2014 school year and she will receive a letter of reprimand.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FMB holds election for Town Council members