|Published:||Jun 26, 2013 12:10 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 26, 2013 12:13 AM EDT|
SANFORD, Fla. (AP) - A neighbor who partially witnessed the struggle between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin testified at Zimmerman's murder trial that she heard shouts of "no" during the fight.
Selene Bahadoor's testimony on Tuesday was the first by someone who saw some of the confrontation that resulted in Martin being fatally shot.
Bahadoor says she heard the sound of running outside the townhome she lived in, and when she looked out a window she saw arms flailing in the dark.
She left to turn off a stove and then heard a gunshot. She says she saw a body on the ground the next time she looked out the window.
Zimmerman is pleading not guilty to second-degree murder, claiming self-defense.
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Local athlete needs votes for national award
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool