|Published:||Jun 26, 2013 7:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 26, 2013 11:41 PM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE ESTATES, Fla.-A construction worker is dead after being struck by lightning Wednesday afternoon.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office says 35-year-old Robert Wiley was working at a construction site on 47th Avenue Northeast and was climbing down from scaffolding when he was hit by a lightning bolt. The Sheriff's Office is conducting a death investigation. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been notified and will also investigate.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County