|Published:||Jun 26, 2013 7:58 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 26, 2013 11:41 PM EDT|
GOLDEN GATE ESTATES, Fla.-A construction worker is dead after being struck by lightning Wednesday afternoon.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office says 35-year-old Robert Wiley was working at a construction site on 47th Avenue Northeast and was climbing down from scaffolding when he was hit by a lightning bolt. The Sheriff's Office is conducting a death investigation. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been notified and will also investigate.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples