|Published:||Jun 25, 2013 4:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 25, 2013 9:31 PM EDT|
UPDATE 9:15pm- The United States Coast Guard has resumed the search for a possible drowning victim around Point Ybel off the coast of Sanibel. The search which comprised of multiple agencies was suspended due to bad weather conditions. The Coast Guard is the only agency continuing the search by boat and helicopter.
SANIBEL, Fla.- Sanibel Police and other agencies searched the beach near the 2200 block of West Gulf Drive for a possible drowning victim this afternoon. The search, which comprised of multiple agencies, has since been suspended due to the weather.
The Coast Guard said a person on a paddleboard made the emergency call at 4:00 p.m.
A Lee County Sheriff's Office helicopter also assisted in the search.
After the weather passes, the search will resume, if warranted.
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Local athlete needs votes for national award
- Collier County completes road widening project early
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught