|Published:||Jun 25, 2013 10:11 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 25, 2013 4:30 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla.- Old US 41 in Bonita Springs has reopened after a fatal crash involving a motorcycle and a pickup truck this morning.
The motorcyclist, later identified as 26-year-old Nicolas Ramos-Torres, was transported to NCH North with serious injuries, where he later died. The driver of the pickup truck was not injured.
LCSO determined that a 1989 Suzuki GSXR motorcycle crashed into a Ford 2000 F-350 work truck. Preliminary information revealed Ramos-Torres was travelling northbound on Old U.S. 41 and lost control of the motorcycle after passing another motorist. Ramos-Torres subsequently collided into the side of the Ford Truck.
No other vehicles or persons are believed to have been involved.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41