|Published:||Jun 25, 2013 2:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 25, 2013 2:24 PM EDT|
SPRING HILL, Fla. (AP) - Hernando County Sheriff's officials say a 64-year-old man died after being booked into jail on a domestic battery charge.
William Edward Collins was taken to the Hernando County Jail's medical unit Monday night after he started sweating profusely and became pale.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/17bEPxN ) reports Collins passed out, regained consciousness and was briefly hospitalized.
Officials say Collins was able to communicate with the hospital staff briefly before being taken into surgery.
An autopsy is being performed at the Hernando County medical examiner's office.
Information from: The Tampa (Fla.) Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Fort Myers mobile home fire displaces family
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes
- Officials: Up to 20 whales moved to deeper water