|Published:||Jun 25, 2013 2:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jun 25, 2013 2:24 PM EDT|
SPRING HILL, Fla. (AP) - Hernando County Sheriff's officials say a 64-year-old man died after being booked into jail on a domestic battery charge.
William Edward Collins was taken to the Hernando County Jail's medical unit Monday night after he started sweating profusely and became pale.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/17bEPxN ) reports Collins passed out, regained consciousness and was briefly hospitalized.
Officials say Collins was able to communicate with the hospital staff briefly before being taken into surgery.
An autopsy is being performed at the Hernando County medical examiner's office.
Information from: The Tampa (Fla.) Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend